We’re looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join the growing team at Alphabet®.
Reporting to the CEO, the Operations Manager is a pivotal role in the organization to ensure overall agency effectiveness. The role provides support to senior leadership in the areas of administration and financial operations, office management, resource management and human resources administration.
While some might see us as a traditional advertising agency, we’re really about helping our clients affect meaningful change in their industries. We’ll fill you in on the specifics later, but essentially, we work with national associations, tourism organizations, and B2U clients to solve unique communications problems with lots of moving parts.
Our team is a tight-knit group of creative professionals, conceptual thinkers, and results-driven planners who thrive on solving complex problems. We elevate our performance through our constant search for diversity – not by looking for things that make us different, but by looking for things that make us better. We work smart and hard, but our success isn’t just measured by our clients’ outcomes; it’s measured by our growth and accomplishments, too. We can also be really silly; it just depends where we’re at in the project lifecycle.
We know #agencylife isn’t for everyone. It can be fast-paced, challenging, and stressful. But for the right person, it can be just as exciting, fascinating, and rewarding. We’re constantly creating unique programs that leverage things like podcasts, video, experiential activations, and influencer campaigns (to name very few), so no day is ever the same. Most importantly, though, we value our team and offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and the resources needed to succeed.
Financial administration and support to senior leadership (30%)
- reconciliation of expenses on a monthly basis
- support to financial controller on AR / AP
- monthly reporting on profitability including project budget review, reviewing supplier/vendor costs and project & client margins
- day to day banking
- support to the CEO for optimization of processes
- working with financial controller to prepare year end reports such as unearned revenue statements
- preparing weekly client invoicing
Office administration and management (10%)
- procurement of office supplies
- day to day management of office operations such as managing ongoing relationships with cleaners, building management, and vendors
- ensure the office is maintained and addressing any issues respecting workplace safety by implementing and monitoring safety protocols
- ad hoc support on office issues
Resource management (40%)
- Daily / Weekly / Monthly oversight of studio resourcing
- Optimization of project delivery processes
- Working in tandem with Client Services and delivery teams to ensure smooth resourcing flow
- Identify process improvements that can lead to increased efficiency and effectiveness
- Working with leadership to enhance cross collaboration among teams within the agency
Functional HR Administration (20%)
- working with individuals on HR admin issues such as; expense claims, vacation requests, issues with benefits, some onboarding of new staff, and addressing any departure requirements as needed
- addressing day-to-day staff requests such as sick leave, work-from-home requests, time out of office
- assisting with recruitment activities such as posting jobs, initial screening of applicants, interview coordination and support to senior leadership on finalizing employment contracts (filing)
- ensuring all staff receive and complete necessary compliance training
- maintain and update training records
- maintain HRIS system (BambooHR) and prepare any HR metrics for leadership team
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in business or another relevant discipline
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant and progressive experience in business administration, finance or other related fields.
- Strong technical skills working with a variety of databases or systems, online platforms such as Function Fox, QuickBooks and Google Suite
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work professionally and effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skilled in evaluating and revising operations and procedures in response to organizational change.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with all levels of staff and external clients and vendors.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet varying deadlines, remaining calm with a sense of urgency while maintaining a positive, team-driven approach.
- A self-starter and progressive performer who takes the initiative to complete activities.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Adapts easily to changing situations and demonstrates flexibility in juggling priorities with the ability to meet tight deadlines and successfully navigate in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated sound judgment, and excellent organizational skills.
The following are considered assets:
- Prior experience working in a marketing agency
What We Can Offer You
- An incredibly inclusive and diverse team to be a part of
- A competitive compensation package
- Career development opportunities
- Extensive Benefits Package
- A world class EAP and wellness program